Ability to delete or multiple delete pages from All pages / Automatic cleanup of accidental pages

Many times when we browse All pages, there are many accidental pages created. It would be helpful if we can delete it from All pages itself. For eg, a delete button in a column next to last modified.

It would be extra great if:

1. We could mark multiple pages and do it in bulk
  2. Other page actions like rename is also available.

Suggestion to be able to select multiple pages in ‘All Pages’ tab to,

1. Delete
  2. Export

Possibly add checkboxes to select the required pages and a trashcan symbol to delete and an export symbol to export selected pages

1 Like

Hi, I just noticed that logseq would automatic create the pages for us, which is good.
But sometimes I realized that I accidentally made a few pages which I do not want to keep

So far I would have to go to this “All pages” (image above), click to the page I would like to delete, and in the page click the 3 dot to delete it. I think a feature like a delete button in the “All pages” can be helpful if we want to batch remove pages.

Thanks!

Take a look at:

Thanks for pointing me to this issue. Yeah that one is not resolved either. Hope that this feature would be added some day!

So these annoying pages created by error initially appear only in “All pages” and not in "All files¨(unless I opened it & clicked anywhere or entered something)

I find if I click on Re-index and then afterwards look at “All pages” again they have all disappeared without me having to do anything else.

1 Like

When typing hyperlink titles, I sometimes goof. I immediately correct the goofs. This, however, creates accidental pages with no incoming or outgoing links—lots of them! I find myself spending 20 minutes or so a week weeding these empty pages out of the index. It’d be nice if upon exiting, the app tended to and removed them automatically rather than my having to sweep the sawdust off the shop floor.

Excellent tool, by the way!

Automating removal of pages sounds dangerous and could lead to accidental data loss. What about changes to the “All Pages” section?

• Add toggle checkboxes next to each page name.
  • Provide a new column that provides an indication of rather or not the page is empty; word count, size in bytes, whichever works the best.
  • Add the three vertical dots to the “All Pages” section with an option to “delete selected pages”.

This could also pave the way to the All Pages providing future uses in batch management.

2 Likes

So these annoying pages created by error initially appear only in “All pages” and not in "All files¨(unless I opened it & clicked anywhere or entered something)

I find if I click on Re-index and then afterwards look at “All pages” again they have all disappeared without me having to do anything else.

2 Likes

Helpful to know if non-intuitive! Thank you.

This does not work in all cases. For example, when changing the date format and reindex, logseq will create many (hundreds) of virtual pages with incorrect date format. Reindexing does not delete them. So I must go to each page, click the three dots to delete the page, click back to All Pages. Rinse, repeat. It’s a major pain. The original bug is not to create these incorrectly formated empty date pages, but being able to select multiple pages for deletion would be a great timesaver.

It would be nice if we can get the option to bulk delete from “All Pages”
thanks

And at the same time, there could be a trash bin for several days in case we regret!

2 Likes

The latest release 0.4.5 added both batch deleting and page cleanup.

3 Likes