Add date ranges

Being able to add date ranges would be very useful for ongoing events/tasks. This differs from deadlines and repeating deadlines in that it may not be a small task that must be done multiple times, but just one bigger task spread out over multiple days.

e.g. adding something like [[July 17th, 2021 - July 27th, 2021]] and then having that in the linked references for all dates in between

I would find this really helpful. For example, I have a staff member going on leave for 4 weeks and would love ‘xxx - leave’ to show up every day during that period

Yes, what this is basically asking for is recurrences of the variety seen in a calendar like Google Calendar. Right now a basic repeater is supported. So this is requesting an upgrade to the repeater.

If you note the syntax of a repeater:

SCHEDULED: <2021-10-02 Sat .+1m>

It might simple add a more varied syntax to cover the particulars:

SCHEDULED: <2021-10-07 Thu .+1w(Tue, Thu), 2 of 5 times>
SCHEDULED: <2021-10-02 Sat .+1m(1st Sat), through 2022-10-01>

1 Like

Also it would be good to see time ranges (lie in Org-mode): <2022-01-20 Thu 13:00--15:00>

1 Like

This thread dates back from Jan 2020. I just want to confirm that this feature request would be very desirable for me. Is there any update on this?
Thanks

1 Like

Agree - this feature would be very useful to me as well.

This plugin may help you with this.

So, if I use regular org syntax for date ranges it seems to parse correctly, but the information is lost in all my queries.

* Test event
SCHEDULED: <2023-09-06 Wed>--<2023-09-19 Tue>

Renders as

* Test event

so something seems to be understood. I use org for my calendar, and love that I can now use Logseq as a frontend. It would be great if this could work.