[DONE] Deep Linking or URL Scheme / Allow linking to Logseq pages from outside the app

+1 for this. I use Hook a lot and it would be awesome to have it work with Logseq

1 Like

Could admin could rename this topic to more general “Allow linking to Logseq pages from outside the app”?

3 Likes

This is explaining (more or less) the philosophical ideas behind this request

1 Like

This maybe the same request like here:

and here:

1 Like

Yes this is what I meant (Deep linking) I don’t mark it as solved, but the discussion may be merged

Electron apps are capable of this: Enable Electron to set/unset itself as default protocol handler (OS X, Windows) by felixrieseberg · Pull Request #4896 · electron/electron (github.com)

This guide is old, but might be useful: Electron app with custom protocol | Better world by better software (glebbahmutov.com)

2 Likes

The founder of Logseq said that the deep linking will be available in the near future. Looking forward to it!

4 Likes

Any news about that ?

Actually this feature would be very usefull. I could e.g. link from Zotero and from Anki back to the corresponding logseq page. Any news on the state of this feature?

1 Like

Related to this android has the Storage Access Framework which makes it possible for users to grant finegrained access of files or directories in an apps sandboxed private storage to other apps. Details are in This topic

4 Likes

With the release of 0.6.6., this feature is now implemented.

1 Like

If you use the Flatpak version on Linux and you can’t make Logseq handle logseq:// URIs, be sure that in your com.logseq.Logseq.desktop (it should be in ~/.local/share/applications/) the Exec and MimeType lines are like the following:

Exec=/usr/bin/flatpak run --branch=stable --arch=x86_64 --command=run.sh --file-forwarding com.logseq.Logseq @@u %u @@
MimeType=x-scheme-handler/logseq;

You may need to run:

sudo update-desktop-database

Now clicking logseq:// URIs from some other app should open Logseq at the right page. From the terminal the command is:

xdg-open “logseq://…”

Tested on Logseq 0.7.0.

2 Likes

Is there to map a shortcut to “Copy page URL”? Also could it be included in the command palette?