I’m electronic technician from Saint Petersburg. 25 yo.
I have keep the diary+others from being 14 years old guy.
Started with 3 inch smartphone with Note Everything.
Every time I crashed my phone, all notes was in safe on microSD card in plain txt format.
Every time they was reborned. I love plain text.
Well technologies grow and my information hunger with them.
So I tried Evernote and lot of another apps, their names I cannot remember.
Then it was Simplenote. Very good app but too slow (Electron) for simple functionality.
Short romance with Joplin (unreasonably heavy for mind and CPU), ultra-slow sync.
And finally (?) I came to Logseq.
Open source <3
For me it great for self-wiki.
Just text files, I sync it between 4 devices by Syncthing and it works really smooth.
I can create and store logs of my family life, work life, sport life, one device life, one day in travel, years of pain and joy, instructions, lists of good films and places to visit, medical journal, diet journal and so and so. Big information pit with good full-text search. Google of my life.
I have 3 graphs: main, knowledge base, work.
- Work include last actual positions in company about microcontroller’s software, fuse bytes, interfaces etc; schemes, elements on board, points to check; most important letters from corporative mail and so. Even what developer or tester said vocally.
- Knowledge base is my wiki for cheats with linux, networks, python etc. Many links, very strong graph.
- Main graph carries all legacy baggage from past. Contacts, places, mindfulness, tasks, emotions, love and hate.
Bad moments in Logseq:
- Cannot edit large blocks. I have notes with 1000+ lines and they need to be in library.
- Electron. App starting for 6-8 seconds. Seriosly? I need C++/Java application for FAST notes and then turn them to Logseq.
- Hard to arrange, sort, organize old notes because they are unlinked so you COULD forget/lose something matters.
- And so if use method of creators (to link right now) — then I have to use fast another Java application, because I can forget my thought while Logseq’s being loaded.
- Wanna there also to be File-mode: just sorted list of notes in left pane.