How does title:: works?

When I create a page N/P a file N.P.md is stored in the filesystem and a title:: N/P property is added to the page. Now, if I remove that property the page is still named N/P, so what’s the point of having the property?

Moreover, I’m unable to change that property, it’s always reseted to the current page title. And if I edit the title itself, both the property and the filename are changed. So, again, what’s the point of having the property when the actual title is instead based on the filename (with dots replaced with slashes)?

Oh, I think it’s due to Wrong title property rename behavior when original page name contains upper case · Issue #4722 · logseq/logseq · GitHub

Anyway the first question stands because I still don’t get why do we need the title property when the default title for N.P.md is N/P.

I am not sure why need the property part. But changing the name (title) of the page leading to changing the property is critical: Otherwise links to other pages would have been broken.

They explained me that title:: is there in a preventive fashion because in the future they might change the way file names are mapped to page titles. Moreover, the preferred way to change a page title is by directly editing it, not by changing the title:: property (so the capital letter issue is considered an enhancement instead of a bug). In that sense, it would be nice for the property to be hidden in the same way than heading and color properties are. But in this case it’s not as easy, because it would leave an empty bullet at the top.