Is Logseq the right tool for article writing?

I have been using Logseq for quite some time. In fact I published work a few months ago with this product in mind (How to clone and synchronise a GitHub repository on Android).

My question is that while the product is, in my opinion, fantastic for note taking and idea sorting the cost I pay every time I take the notes and turn them into an article is huge. I am wondering if there is a better way or whether I chose the wrong tool for my needs.

In logseq I have 30 ideas at various stages. When I get time to work on a topic I can search with ease the notes I’ve taken over time; logseq excels at this.

I create the article from these notes within logseq with images and occasionally multimedia. I use the doc-view-exporter plugin. My output needs to end up either on my blog (blogger) or on medium. This stage is a nightmare and, I feel that the amount of editing I have to do, is too high a price. There are times when I calculate I spend more time with the conversion than I do with the actual creation.

I would like to exchange with others who are in similar predicament as me; people who need to export out of logseq into an html format.

Thanks

2 Likes

demo

I am working on a rich text editor from within Logseq. However, if your workflow requires inline references, with the aim of removing them after, they it may not work so well for you. It will work better for flows where you open up your linked references in the main container, and use the rich text editor in the sidebar.

2 Likes

Is it available as a plugin? Could not find it.

I have the feeling this goes in the same direction as my question:

You said it perfectly - working inside logseq is easy and smooth and safes a lot of time, but exporting a page with an article in mind is a huge timekiller, because you have to edit so many things. For me, as i said in my post, most of the editing comes from filling in the source of block references.

1 Like

For me, the the ideal solution would be a core feature (not a plugin) that would transform what is on the screen into a page. The top level bullets would disappear becoming paragraphs and one could control what happens to other bullets (flatten them, change them to…, keep them).

Depending on the output selected (markdown, html, word processing, …) the underlying format would change to reflect the type of processing and would be saved in appropriate folders (like page and journal). Integration with well established products would allow users to use the best of breed products.

A nice-to-have would be a reverse feature would be a reverse edit whereby changes at the document level would reflect in the source.

1 Like