Keep block in query results while in focus / editing / rotating todo-states

Hi,
I love the TODO-queries on my today’s journale. And to be able to edit blocks right in the query results is a good idea. But a couple of times a day I do the same mistake (yes, I am THAT stupid): I change the TODO-state while that state is a criteria for that very same query where I am in.

So what happens is: I see a “TODO” and think “I did that yesterday”. So I click it and hit Strg+Enter to toggle it to “DONE” . In the same millisecond I think “I should put some notes to it”, but the block vanishes because it no longer belongs in the “TODO”-query-results.

I would root for:

• if in the list of query results a block is edited and the changes result in that this block is no longer a valid result of the query, this block should be marked with an (!)-icon but remain in place until the user clicks some element outside the query.

I could think of other behaviors, but this I like most. Keep a query from updateing while the user edits in its results.

Thank you

I second this – especially useful for changing one tag into another.
I think it should wait until removing anything from results until leaving edit mode.
That way one could also still hit enter to create some child blocks and recording some closing remarks or similar, and then only after leaving the edit mode on that child block, the entry will disappear from the query results.