Kindle Highlights and Notes Plugin

I see your comment in the issue tracker. I’ll see if I can figure out what’s going on.

Would you be willing to try to import the book in an empty graph with the latest version of “My Highlights” to see if it works with the newest version?

Ben I was away for a bit.

Just installed the newest version of the plugin.

Tried to do a test import on one of the books just to see how it would work and it says “File not found”

I’m assuming it’s looking for a page that had existed before I deleted all the highlights pages.

Is there a way to clear any traces of the previous install so I can start fresh?

Just fixed import for a few other people, could you see if the latest version resolves this for you?

Hi!
I am using my kindle device along with my ipad. All highlights are syncing between devices somehow, but MyClippings.txt has only the highlights from the Kindle device and not those from the iPad.
I have read on other forums that every device store the highlights in a different file and amazon syncs them in some way.
Is there any work around ot maybe this plugin can be made to work also with ipad highlights?

You can use Bookcision: Export/Download Your Kindle Highlights. It works with kindle cloud and lets you download your highlights into a text file.

1 Like

Hi @theBenForce, thanks for putting this together, keen to give it a try.

• Is there a way to hid or delete the highlight_id:: 11e32c1fa2b9b0753cdfb89163f80edf58c15fc8d486275fd22a335c that gets added to each import?

Hi @theBenForce , thanks for creating this plugin.

Pardon me if this is a fairly newbie question, but how do I connect my Kindle account to LogSeq on MacBook?
After I installed the plugin and clicked on the icon, then selected Load Clippings File, I don’t see Kindle in the popup Finder window, which prompts me think that I might need to connect the Kindle account somehow first.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I hope you were able to figure it out, but you need to connect your kindle to your MacBook via usb first. It should show up as a USB drive and there will be a clippings.txt file in the root of that drive.

Right now that clippings file is the only way I can get the plugin to import highlights. I’ve been working on an import from the Amazon Cloud Reader, but it’s going to take quite a bit of work.

Hi RoamConvert :wave:,

There’s a small section at the end of the documentation that details how to hide the highlight id: theBenForce/logseq-plugin-my-highlights: Import highlights from various sources (github.com)

Thanks so much. I was able to locate the file following your instructions.

1 Like