Option to ignore certain nodes in the graph

Personally this property appears to work correctly (in Logseq 0.8.15 on Arch Linux x86_64)

I suggest closing Logseq and opening the corresponding .md file in an ordinary text editor. This should allow you to confirm definitively whether the first line is exactly exclude-from-graph-view:: true (with no characters to the left or right of it)

If the first line is exactly that, and the ‘Excluded pages’ toggle in the Nodes options within the graph view is definitely off, then I would be fairly confident it was a bug.

2 Likes

Maybe you could show us a screenshot of the top of the page in question, both in Logseq and in a text-editor, so we can see what it looks like?

It worked! I opened it with a text editor and pasted again exclude-from-graph-view:: true in the first line (without property:: ) and now it doesn’t show up. Big thanks to @finticemo and @TookiTheGreat!

Just to note that when I open the page.md file in the text editor, that first line does not have the - sign at the beginning.

Anyway, thanks heaps1

1 Like

when I open the page.md file in the text editor, that first line does not have the - sign at the beginning.

Yes, that’s how it’s designed to work. My suggestion was because I couldn’t tell whether you had actually put the property in the first block, or instead you had an empty first block and the property was really in the second block.

1 Like

This works on the full graph, but it doesn’t work on the individual page graph.

2 Likes

In my opinion it is also important to exclude the page from the page graph view which is located at the right side panel next to contents.

Another suggestion I have is to include the exclude-from-page-graph-view and exclude-from-graph-view properties in the context menu that appears when you click the mouse right-button over the page title. A page graph view menu option should be added there too.

Another way to implement a “hide certain nodes” in a graph network view is to right click with the mouse on a node in the (page) graph view and select an option from a context menu to hide it.

Quick Summary: You may consider that the option to hide certain nodes in the graph has been partially implemented.

1 Like

I think that a good option would be to add the “Excluded pages” button in the page graphs, just as there is in the global graph.

This doesn’t seem to work to exclude a whiteboard from graph view. As I assumed it breaks the file format if I manually add it to the top of the file, and I can’t find any way to affect the properties of a whiteboard.