Privacy and Encryption

Just curious. When Logseq said privacy first. Does it only extend to local storage and local access?

Also on encryption, E2E is a must to me. Just wonder how I can verify that. How do I tell that it is E2E and that the docs are encrypted. So far, when I open Logseq, I have direct access to my docs. No password protection at all. When will this be solved?

1 Like

Hi, server side is closed sourced as stated here. While it refers to the Logseq Pro version, I think the same is true for the current Logseq Sync feature they are currently using for paid users.
For more information about the current encyption status, I suggest this post

Thanks for the feedback. It appears that the best way is to wait until the official encryption is fully developed. I am ok with that and look forward to it. At the same time, I’ll just keep sensitive data away from logseq.

Thanks again.

You’re welcome, glad to help. May I know which app are you currently using for sensitive data? I’m using Standard Notes but I’m not really into it. Thanks

I don’t think I have a note app specifically for sensitive data. I use typical .doc to keep some important thoughts and have the hard drive encrypted. For some backed-up docs on cloud, I am using Proton Drive.(ps. really loved it) For even more sensitive info, like bank info, I simply don’t put it online.

1 Like