Search: doesn't find pages that contain the search term as part of the title

I have a page with the title “test - nur eine Testseite - testpage”.

When I enter “test - n” in the search field, I do NOT get any hits on this page:

Only until I enter “test - nu” in the search field, the page appears in the hit list.

I would expect:
(1) to get at least one hit for the page.
(2) Hits where the text appears directly in the title should be ranked high in the hit list.

At least (1) must be seen as a bug :wink:

I am seeing the same behavior - I have to almost enter the entire name for the page hit to come up. I have many pages named “Episode “number” - “ and then an a name of the page - putting in Episode I. The search field only brings up about 2 of the over 15 pages with that in the title.

2 Likes

I would like to emphasise that this is becoming more and more of a real problem. :unamused:

Just now I couldn’t find a page in the search, although title contains the search word. This is not about complex search queries, which are also becoming increasingly important. There are pages that contain a word as part of the title but cannot be found in the search with this word.

I hope the team will soon find time to address the topics regarding “search”. :+1:

1 Like

I wish to confirm this as well - I have certain pages that I put in the entire title of the page and that page is not one of the search items that come up - I can only search for that page by searching for a block

1 Like

Having a good search is huge as my knowledge graph grows. I hope some search improvements can come out!

2 Likes