Simplify default journal queries

It’s a good question. The default queries are:

NOW - Show me only tasks that are “NOW” or “DOING” that were created on a journal page with a date in the last two weeks.

NEXT - Show me only tasks that are “NOW” or “LATER” or “TODO” that were created on a journal page with a date in the next week.

Built in Scheduled & Deadline - Show me tasks which have a “scheduled” or “deadline” date of today.

I imagine this setup would only work for someone who is putting their tasks on specific journal pages based on when they want to get to them. I’m a bit curious about the idea of adding tasks to future journal pages though.

It makes no sense at all for me because I put new tasks on today’s journal page and then never move them, using scheduled and deadline to handle any date constraints.

1 Like

Thanks for engaging with my question, but I don’t believe your definition of NEXT is correct.

Does this workflow really depend on writing in future dated journal pages? That seems counter to everything about Logseq’s workflow, which emphasizes that you should put everything in TODAY’s journal page, but I could be wrong, and would be happy to stand corrected! :blush:

Yes I never got the NEXT query either. It is so weird lol.

Yeah it is really odd, but that’s how it works. You can see from the query and you can also test it yourself by creating a task on a future journal date.

1 Like

thanks for this one.
I believe I would prefer to see the ones for today separately.
What should I change to this one to exclude today and how to create a separate query for today?

Hi,
How can I modify this query to exclude deadline or schedule is not today:

{:title "📅 WITHIN NEXT 3 DAYS"
    :query [:find (pull ?h [*])
            :in $ ?next
            :where
            [?h :block/marker ?m]
            [(contains? #{"LATER" "TODO"} ?m)]
            (or-join [?h ?d]
              (and
                [?h :block/ref-pages ?p]
                [?p :block/journal? true]