Very slow performance with large (local) graph

Just installed the latest release. Thanks.
It does seem much more responsive than before.

1 Like

Hello, I’m testing the latest Logseq version using an imported graph, which are a few MD files of 40-80k lines each, the smallest of which being 800k words.

The performance is very poor, frequently freezing for 10-20 seconds at a time when trying to expand/collapse bullets and add in new ones.

1 Like

Here the same problem, I was analyzing the use of Logseq and even with few notes it is slow to open and to re-edit the document and it only has 37 pages, but the tendency is to exceed 3 thousand over time, as it would centralize all documentation and notes.

It also seems to me to have some connection with Chrome, if Chrome has many tabs and is slow, it seems that Logseq also stays and also reminded a little of PhpStorm that I usually have to leave the screen open and wait a few seconds to start using it.

Interestingly, Obsidian, Visual Studio and others even with a lot more note don’t feel slow.

It would be good if they improve the performance and think about supporting a higher volume of notes, I’m imagining with 3-5 thousand notes or more, maybe a good test would be to hold up to 20 thousand notes without slowdowns and big and small notes.

For now looking for alternatives or maybe I use Loqseq just to summarize daily tasks.

A suggestion maybe would be to analyze the use of https://tauri.app/ instead of Electron, maybe Electron is slow when using Chrome a lot for example.

And if saving to files is maybe the problem, they could maybe use SQlite or MariaDB database, it would increase dependency but support rich SQL features.

It sounds like something is playing up with your Logseq - here is a link to someone with 13k notes. I do not remember there being any significant issues with performance. This was in April and there have been some big improvements since then Discord

1 Like

Good to know that yours runs well for 13 thousand notes, in mine I noticed more when Chrome was slow, maybe it’s some Electron detail and I also notice when I open it, it takes a few seconds to be able to use it or when I leave it for a while and then enter again.

The amount of notes might not be the issue, but instead the total size of the graph (word count or number of lines) like I mentioned in my previous reply.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem, operations (typing, copy/paste) take tooo long to register, making it very non productive :frowning:

1 Like

Also see