What are your “magic moments” in Logseq?

Building out our onboarding flow right now, what were some of Logseq’s magic moments for you? Was it when you made your first few links? When you discovered a reference you forgot about? When you opened the pdf viewer for the first time or started playing with the keyboard commands? What made you think… “Ok wow this changes everything”

3 Likes

I always found that I tend to waste time finding the perfect place for something I am trying to write. This is very time-consuming and taxing on the brain.

I would say my “magic” moment with logseq was when I realized that I could add new information in today’s journal and link it to other pages. It’s incredible to be able to view all these blocks in the backlinks.

In this example, I created a page [[Word of the Day]] and added a new word in my today’s journal

Today’s Journal

And now you can see the new word “Obfuscate” in the backlinks

[[Word of the Day]]

Next, combining it with Flashcards makes it even more “magical” :mage:

[[Word of the Day]]

I tagged each word with #card and #Dictionary and I added the flashcards preview in [[Word of the Day]] {{cards #Dictionary}}

Flashcard Preview

5 Likes

A super outliner that’s local.
The PDF support (highlighting and referencing) blew me away.
Also, keyboard navigation a la Workflowy.

6 Likes

This is prior to Logseq, but I can imagine many people going through the same experience here:

• Seeing old notes resurface (in context!).
  • The end of “old notes”. They all become parts of a whole state of affairs.
  • My past interests, thoughts, questions, are still with me and they evolve as one.
  • From a “Monolithic Stack of Stuff” to a “Whole Sort of General Mish-Mash”.
2 Likes
  • Highlights in PDFs: having the highlights anywhere and by clicking on them I can open the PDF at the right page. Can’t wait to have this for web pages like Wikipedia’s.
  • Clicking on the bullets open a sub-page with just that block and it’s children content, plus a path widget at the top for navigation.
4 Likes

I would agree that seeing unexpected context is the most magical, not having to organize information coming in as a close second. After importing a lot of stuff, though, you really need to be clever with search queries in order to reduce the noise in order to discover things.

3 Likes

@LarryK Give their feedback in a different post

1 Like

My magic moment with LogSeq lasts now since weeks. Usually I tend to not note too much into apps & tools & solution. I am more the paper guy. But with LogSeq, I really enjoy to build the background information archive for my current novel project. It grows more or less by it self and the structure is not planned but homogen growing. I do not look for folder structure anymore or for a perfect working #tag system. I let it grow, link notes when I see the need and I feel so free to jot down what comes to my mind. This is a complete different world as Evernote or NoteJoy or OneNote or …

I do not follow any philosophy or ideology in using apps & tools - and LogSeq supports my access to write notes perfectly - just let it flow.

Peter

3 Likes