Add option to remove Orphaned Bullets/Blocks

I often find that there are a bunch of empty bullets (blocks) at the end of a page/journal.

I’d like an option that removes “extra” orphaned bullets.

Potentially with a selectable number of bullets per level to keep. E.g. allow one blank per level.

Likely this would be something you’d want to happen after some action (leaving the page or something) and not just as you were editing.

Example:

- Content here
	- content block
		-
		-
	- another content block
	-
	-
-
-
-

With a setting of 1 extra becomes:

- Content here
	- content block
		-
	- another content block
	-
-

And with 0 extra becomes:

- Content here
	- content block
	- another content block

you can hide them with the setting :ui/show-empty-bullets? true in your config.edn

I have that set to false (the default actually) and you still see this:

It would just be “cleaner” if they got removed automagically.
Also for things like the journal with default queries and things below them it keeps everything tighter together.

Oh! I see. I actually rely on that with my journal template. It is a placeholder for content that I produce during the day.
With that said, I would rather not have logseq strip out those empty bullets within populated ones.

I usually do a quick selection of those empty ones I don’t need when done editing, and delete.

Yeah, that’s why I was thinking it could be a config option.

I also have empty (usually only one, but sometimes more) blocks below headings in my daily template, but that’s also why I was thinking it would remove them after some action.

But this brings up a good point… You (probably) wouldn’t want them removed from an actual template.