Add pagename field to the list of table fields in simple query

When I do a simple query using a page-property I can select the pagename from the list when I want the query to show as a table.

Changing the query to use a property and not a page-property and the same dialog does not give me the option to choose the pagename.

I find this strange as all blocks live in a page so the pagename should always be possbile to select.

I understand that when multiple blocks on 1 page are valid in this query the pagename will be repeated for those blocks. But that is no problem for me and in fact exactly what I want.

I understood from a post on Discord that is should be possible to do so.

For that reason and the fact that this question comes up somewhat regularly on the Discord, I have created this Feature Request.

One of the use-cases I have is that I have a page for persons in Logseq and any property I want to query on (company, birthday, function, relationtype, ect) has to be a page-property as I otherwise can’t show the page-name in a simple query result.

All these page-property take up a lot of vertical space on my screen so I would like to hide them under parent-bullet names “Contact information” or something as these do not change very often. But if I do so I loose the possiblity to show the page-name (= persons name) in a query.

Seconded! Lots of people (myself included) want to see what page blocks are on, regardless of the query specifics.
Just having that option easily accessible would be great!

3 Likes

This feature would make a huge difference!
Hope to see it implemented soon!

This feature landed with Enhance: Add page column for query tables with block results by logseq-cldwalker · Pull Request #8869 · logseq/logseq · GitHub and is going out with the next release

4 Likes