Allow a page configuration setting to hide Linked/Unlinked references

As a user, I would like the option to hide either or both of the Linked and Unlinked References. I good use case around this is I have an advanced query that supercedes the need to have the Linked references, because my query does what I need and more. So, in particular when I open that page on the right sidbar, I don’t want the clutter of seeing the reference sections.

I would like also this option. One big reason I chose this software was that the look is otherwise really neat and clean and that helps me a lot to focus writing down my thoughts. But those linked/unlinked references are a bit distracting.

1 Like

This is now available in the 0.4.0-perf update! You can collapse linked references by default using this setting in your config.edn:

:ref/linked-references-collapsed-threshold 0

This isn’t exactly what you are asking for, but accomplishes the same thing.

2 Likes

Thanks @tylerwince for the tool. It’s cool.
But in my case, i’d like to fold an unfold some page, not all.

We can do it manually with the arrow. It should be ok if logseq keep it when we close the page and reopen it.
Is this implementation possible (the memory of fold/unfold Linked references) ?

Great stuff! This single line changed the messy look of my notes into neat-looking ones! Thanks mate!

1 Like

This is great - a cleaner look and I can always open/ merge the “Linked References”. …

Is there a way , I could completely hide them in publishing. … may be something in export.css ??? because , I sure don’t want to publish all the little quirks of linked and unlinked references to the web …

You can hide the ‘unlinked’ section by adding the following to the export.css (open in settings):

.mt-6 {
  display: none;
}

My previous suggestion actually hides both the ‘unlinked’ and ‘hierarchy’ sections (which shows if you work with namespaces) . If you only want to hide the ‘unlinked’ section, add the following to the export.css

.mt-6.page-unlinked {
  display: none;
} 

My usecase for this:

I have pages like People/Bob, People/Fred, etc.

When I open [[People]] and just want to see a list of all people, I have to scroll through all references that are auto-generated whenever I mention any person anywhere. I don’t want that. I just want to see the hierarchy immediately.

1 Like