Currently we only can search for dates like
[[Oct 31st, 2022]] inside the journal. But dates exist in real world beyond journal - event dates, creation dates of youtube videos, deadlines, scheduled task dates etc.
Hence It would be nice to make this date dimension accessible everywhere.
- We can use
/Date pickerUI auto-complete for all dates
- Dates can have uniform format changeable in Settings → Editor → Preferred date format
- Dates can be queried uniformly
- Simple query operation already supports
- Currently user interface/context menus are misleading, as
/todayetc. are only related to the journal, but the term suggests a more general usage.
- Any workaround like a custom YYYY/MM/DD namespace would violate against above points
What do you think about this?