Automatically created pages from the keys in block properties?

Apparently upon defining some properties of a page (in the first block), new pages named after the keys of those properties are automatically created.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like a new behavior that must have been introduced very recently (I use the latest stable release 0.7.9). But maybe it was always like that and I kept overlooking it, including overlooking any mention of this behavior in the documentation.

Now my graph is cluttered with pages named like place, short-title, access-date and pages, mostly coming from pages created upon import from Zotero.

I am wondering if this is a desirable behavior. Is it really useful for most users? Is there any possibility to switch it off?

2 Likes

You can switch off the creation of pages for keys, e.g akey:: avalue.
set :property-pages/enabled? false in config.edn

The values for tags:: and alias:: properties still auto-create pages. For other page properties a single value doesn’t get a page but adding a comma, “akey:: value,” or multiple values akey:: avalue1, avalue2 auto-creates pages.

I really don’t like this. For properties other than tags and alias, pages should never be auto-created and then the user can use tags or links. akey:: #avalue or akey:: [[value]]

7 Likes

This solution (setting :property-pages/enabled? false in config.edn) works only partly, I am afraid. I still keep getting the square bracket with:

• the item-type (for example, for a book I always get item-type:: [[book]] and I have to delete the square brackets manually because having the book as the heaviest node in the graph is not really useful).
  • the names of the authors, even if there is just one author.

And that is is, nothing else (place, publisher, isbn, …) in the properties is square bracketed.

Furthermore, I keep getting square-bracketed also the word Abstract, if there is one, that is, [[Abstract]]. But Abstract is note even a key, so why is it square-bracketted then?

Thanks so much for mentioning the property-pages/enabled? thing :+1: I was about to quit Logseq because of it! (It just clutters the Graph view)

Hey, have you found a solution for this? I would really appreciate it