Best way to quick capture a note?

Hi! I was wondering is there a way to quick capture a note? Let’s say I’m on a Zoom meeting and I want to capture a note, I would have to exit Zoom fullscreen mode, open the Logseq app and jot down the note. This is like 3 clicks and time consuming when you need to really quickly capture something.

Is there any way I can have Logseq always stay open in the background, on the Windows system tray (like Evernote, Todoist, etc.) and just press a global shortcut key or click on the icon to bring it to the fore?

Thanks! If not, what is the quickest way to capture something as a note?

2 Likes

Currently there are a few options, but none of them are super smooth.
There are some plugins that work within the app and there is an app URL you can use outside of it

3 Likes

This is one of the things I’m really missing in logseq. I use multiple virtual desktops in Windows to organize my work and moving to a different desktop (or bringing logseq to different desktops) it’s a bit annoying.

Would be great to have a quick capture everywhere like other tools.

2 Likes

I agree this is really important and a key missing feature.
It would also be nice if the quick-capture functionality worked with the same context and functionality as writing directly in Logseq. That is with the ability to add multiple blocks, with indentation, with auto-complete for tags and page references, and so on. Like they implemented it in Tana (expect that in Tana you can’t yet invoke it from outside the app).

3 Likes

Plugin for Obsidian that partially provides this.