Block Timestamps

I’m pretty confident this is the metadata for a block. I right click on different blocks, select “(Dev) Show block data” and I do get different things for different blocks.

Very strange, some blocks I see, some I don’t.

@jojorabbit, what you are seeing is just in the database. This is not persisted and a reindex or sync on another device would reset these dates.

4 Likes

@Aryan, do you know, how to interpret the :block/updated-at that jojorabbit showed? Does it even refer to a standard date and time or is it a timestamp relative to the last reindex or sync?

Question goes out to all, of course :slight_smile:

Edit: Seems like the whole feature of updated/created timestamps has been killed? At least, that is how I read this post here on Github: the built-in created-at property is changed as same as updated-at when block is edited · Issue #4994 · logseq/logseq · GitHub

There are certain contexts where timestamping can be a regulatory requirement. For example if you wanted to use Logseq as an electronic lab notebook in certain industries. The ability to integrate block time stamps with a trusted time-stamping solutions would be useful if technically complex.

See:

https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3161

4 Likes

See Displaying block timestamps