Browser extension that captures journal articles both in Logseq and Zotero?

TL;DR: is there a browser extension that does the heavy lifiting and creates items both in Logseq and Zotero?

For every research project I have, I’ll have a page. Every project is informed by existing scholarly work, I am eager to continue using Logseq because I can use the same work I have done for a given paper and link it to multiple projects [1].

Currently my literature review should look like this:

1. I search for a paper on my browser (Firefox)
  2. I capture this paper with the Zotero extension
  3. I then go to Logseq and then create a page for this article using the Zotero integration [2]
  4. Now I finally am able to start taking notes and citing using the Zotero PDF reader.

I say it should look like this because most of the time I skip step three and start taking notes about the paper using my own PDF reader (sioyek) and cite the article using Zotero’s assigned cite key. The result is that my citation style varies:

• For some papers, the quotes are using the > indicator. I then use a child bullet to add a reference to the paper’s citekey. This will sometimes be a page, sometimes not. The result is that if there are multiple citations of the same article in the same page, this reference will appear multiple times, as a child of each quote block.
  • For other papers, if I have followed the ideal procedure above, the quotes are block references that lead directly to the PDF thanks to the integrated Logseq reader. This is great, a citation does not need to have anything else to link it directly to the source.

I would like to skip the intermediate steps two and three and be able to capture a PDF or an article directly to Logseq. Ideally, rather than a Zotero extension, I’d have a Logseq extension that works with Zotero. So, it not only creates an item on Zotero, but it then proceeds to create the page on Logseq.

Does anything like this exist?

[1] More than link, I can process and condense ideas!
[2] This integration creates a page with the citekey as the title, fills the metadata and includes a link to the PDF that then can be opened in Logseq’s very useful PDF reader.

1 Like