Can you write properties inline?

And have multiple values for that inline property? And can you make blocks, specifically multiple blocks, as property values? And when I make a query, when I search, can I type the content of the block instead of its UUID? And lastly, when I export the page or the entire graph, can it export the block references as the text they’re displaying instead of their UUID?

I’ve checked out these posts: Inline properties and reuse of property values, basic implementation, Create Properties from inline text as I type and make them available as variables inside the block, but I’m afraid I can’t understand them and it seems complicated to implement.

• These are multiple questions.
  • The short answer is no to all of them.
  • But for the first two questions, there is a customization that partially does it.
    • Since you find it complicated, please provide us with specific examples of what you would like to type, so as to give you instructions for how to achieve something similar.
1 Like

for example:

• Avoid drinking any liquid an hour before bedtime. for:: [[My project/nonfiction book]], [[My project/article]], [[My management/My sleep schedule]]
  • Your example doesn’t use inline properties.
    • You can get your block by simply typing Shift + Enter instead of Space before the for:: , i.e.:
      • Avoid drinking any liquid an hour before bedtime.
        for:: [[My project/nonfiction book]], [[My project/article]], [[My management/My sleep schedule]]
  • For a possible variation with inline properties (if you decide to implement them):
    • you could type e.g. this:
      • As written in {{p for [[My project/article]]}} and explained in {{p for [[My project/nonfiction book]]}}, should avoid drinking any liquid an hour before {{p for [[My management/My sleep schedule]]}}.
    • and get something like this:
      • As written in [[My project/article]] and explained in [[My project/nonfiction book]], should avoid drinking any liquid an hour before [[My management/My sleep schedule]].
        for:: [[My project/article]], [[My project/nonfiction book]], [[My management/My sleep schedule]]

Thank you, but what I mean when I say inline I literally just mean it’s in the line. I want the properties to be in the same line as all the text. I don’t want to have to write it below the block like when I use Shift + Enter. That’s why my example is like that.

I use Notepad++. Having the property below the block means it will be on a separate line from the actual block in Notepad++, which is not ideal for me.