Can't use keyboard to place cursor in main text area of a new empty note

TL;DR: How do I place the cursor in the main section of a new note without using the mouse? I want to enter a new note I’ve just navigated to and quickly start taking notes…

Here is a little Video of what I’m seeing…

Hello All - I’m trying to use only the keyboard… That said, when I create a new page with [[new page]] and then follow the link to that new page with CMD-O (still not using the mouse), I end up at the new page, but the cursor seems to be stuck at the bottom Linked Reference section (see 1 in my screenshot)… I can’t seem to get the cursor where it should be by default when entering a new page (see 2 in my screenshot). *The only way I am able to actually start tying in my new note is to grab the mouse and click where it says to click… :confused: Am I missing something here or is this just the way it is?! *

*I posted this in discord as well but didn’t get any feedback yet

3 Likes

I can confirm the behaviour - it is the same for me. This also falls for me under the points where the cursor jumps to completely inappropriate places - there are already some bug reports about this.

If no one knows a “trick”, I suggest posting a FeatureRequest.

I would also like to be able to operate Logseq with the keyboard only :blue_heart: Unfortunately, this is not yet possible throughout.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. Let’s see if any Devs chime in here or in Discord and I’ll put in a FR or BR as they see fit.

Yeap seems like a good UX improvement. I would say by the end consistent behavior will create a intuitive UX

1 Like

Thanks for the reporting! We’ll fix this soon.

4 Likes

Thank YOU! Hopefully the fix is that the cursor will be blinking in the main body of the note and ready to start typing immediately :blush: