Command + mouse click to select multiple blocks

Currently Logseq can only do “shift + up/down” to select multiple blocks, yet this can apply only to blocks in an incessant roll. Workflowy has a feature that one can press command (OSX) and mouse click blocks one by one to multiple select them (even they are not in an incessant roll). One can also de-select individual blocks from “shift-selected” blocks. This feature really helps when one wants to select from a whole list those blocks sharing certain same ideas (yet not placed in a roll) and copy/cut/copy as refs/move together to further integrate them. We need this feature to more accurately handle selected blocks.

This makes a lot of sense as most programs follow the same mantra of allowing multiple non adjacent elects to be chosen by holding down ctrl|cmd

1 Like

merged feature request - @bader

I sometimes want to highlight a large amount of text that spans multiple blocks. My normal method for this is to click at the beginning of what I want to select, scroll to the end, and then shift+click to select the range of text.

This currently works inside a single block, but if my text spans multiple blocks, instead of selecting the text, it just moves the cursor to the front of the block that I shift+clicked in. I notice that for a few milliseconds the text in the starting block is highlighted just before the cursor moves.

I’m not sure if this is a bug or a feature request, so I figured I’d start with feature request.

merged feature request - @bader

If I’m not in editing mode (i.e. there’s no cursor in any block), I can cmd-click on any block to select it.
Unfortunately, this doesn’t work if I’m in editing mode. In that case, I have to hit ESC first before I can then cmd-click on some block.

But it’s very hard to know whether a block is in editing mode (i.e., whether a cursor is inside a block).
(Side note, the default theme for logseq should highlight the a block that’s being edited, e.g. some yellowish background for the whole block, but I guess I’ll file that as a separate request).
In other words, it’s hard to know whether I need to hit ESC before I can cmd-click.

Request: cmd-click should work the same way regardless of whether a block is being edited; i.e. editing mode should be exited if need be.

Note that shift-click does work as expected already: it works regardless of editing mode. So cmd-click should work the same way.

Btw, normally cmd-click adds to the current selection of block; i.e., if you already have a block selected. But in this case, even though the cursor is inside a block, it should not be considered selected. So that when cmd-click is hit on another block, there should only be 1 selected block, not 2.

1 Like