Create New Page Keyboard Shortcut

I see a spot in the keyboard shortcuts for “create new whiteboard” but I don’t see anything for create new page.

May you please add option to Create New Page so I don’t have to use mouse to click button in bottom left corner?

Thanks!

if you search for a page that doesn’t exist, logseq will create it for you. You can also create a page by simply writing the page name between two square brackets [[new page]].

2 Likes

Maybe consider shortcut for Search or create like: CTRL + P (VS Code or any other programmable). Is there any specific reason this wasn’t implemented yet?

It’s in logseq. Try Ctrl + K

1 Like

Reviving this to request an actual create new page shortcut. I don’t want to activate search every time I want to create a new page. I currently work on a laptop with limited processing power and don’t want to waste resources on searching through all of my pages, as it’s often under heavy processor and disk read/write load.

As it is right now, there’s a very confusing to newcomers discrepancy: the bottom left button “+ Create” and it’s “New page ctrl + k” option doesn’t actually create a new page but instead it opens the search option. Not only is it confusing, it conflicts with the basic principle of buttons doing the very thing they are named to do.

What further complicates the issue is that in keymap settings ctrl k is assigned to “Search pages and blocks”. I can imagine the confusion when trying to search the keymap for “New page” and not getting any shortcuts despite there being one named precisely so and seemingly assigned to ctrl k.

As far as I like new pages being created via searching for a nonexisting page, this also creates a problem with similar or duplicate page names: wanting to create a new page named “Test” conflicts in search with an existing page named “TEST” .

Since ctrl n and ctrl p are already assigned, perhaps alt n? Create a new unlinked page and default the cursor to page name?

1 Like