Curious about performance

Hi all. I readed somewhere issues with performance and would like to know, from people with thousands of notes, files, embeds, queries and so on…how it is the performance penalty.

My doubt is I readed graph takes time to open with big graphs, but didn’t readed about the specification about how much time and how big. Every person has a different concept of slow, and for me, is not the same 3sec than 60sec obviously, then, would like to know opinions from users who use big graphs, and open it too in mobile.

Regards.

Mobile is quite rough in my experience. Performance is a topic the dev team is concerned with and hopes to fix with the database version.
My graph is not excessively big, but growing. I’m currently at 540 pages (of which 365 with files) and 823 journal page files.
I use Logseq primarily on my iPad Air 5. It works fine there as far as I’m concerned.
Opening my graph on my Pixel 4a is however not something I can work with. For notes on my phone I have a separate capture graph. Though admittedly I rarely use it.
I sync using Git and both graphs are in the same repository. On my iPad I copy over any relevant notes from my capture graph to my main graph.

2 Likes

I’m currently at 3500 pages, primarily on a Macbook Air M1. Feeling a little bit laggy now.

Syncing on GitHub so if I need my notes on an emergency I can search on the web.

Running on iPhone 11pro can be a nightmare if just looking for notes it will be fine.

But logseq seems to make our mind work a bit too smart. People always say I think like an AI, the more notes you take, the better you get at heuristic search with your human brain.

I have 387 pages in my largest graph. It opens in 3 seconds on my M1 Macbook Air, and about 8 seconds on my iPhone 15 Pro. Both of these are relatively new hardware. On my previous phone, an iPhone XR, Logseq struggled to open and sometimes took a while, possibly longer than 15 seconds. (I didn’t time it and don’t have it with me to test at the moment.) I would not consider the mobile app performant, but the desktop app has given me no issues.

1 Like

Yeah, something like that is what I thought to do to make notes fast if lags too much.

Desktop works very well so far, but mobile version it’s important to me because I work a lot with mobile devices (phone, tablet…). Every 2 weeks, I go to town at weekends, and I don’t have laptop, I use a tablet as laptop to “work” there

Do you perhaps know if a public record of start-up times is held somewhere? If not we could start a thread where people can report fresh-boot, Logseq start-up times, for Desktop or Mobile. You know, just for fun?

I have an old i3 Win10 system that takes about 30seconds to start Logseq after boot.