Custom icons as bullet points

Here there is some CSS (to be placed in custom.css) to get custom icons like these as bullet points:

icon-bullets

You can define custom tags like #@folder to add other icons from the Tabler icon theme (just install TablerPicker plugin and follow the instructions in the code below):

this is FANTASTIC and along with hiding top level bullets has honestly simplified my approach to data management a lot. i’ve been using 5 tags/block properties to categorize everything (tags, logs, people, dates, items) and was able to establish a hierarchy for the icon assignment by just putting those in a particular order in the css for blocks that contain more than one of those block properties. this is helping me immediately visually recognize if i haven’t categorized something correctly, or if i have incomplete data, since i also hide the block properties from view.

Interesting, I would like to see an example. Do you change only the icon? Or maybe its color? For example I change the color of the icon for bugs if they are open/closed:

I haven’t experimented with changing color at all. My inclination is to not go down that road unless I run into a use case where I could really use that level of differentiation, partially just to keep visual information to a minimum and also just 'cause i’m really inexperienced at editing stylesheets lol.

here’s my daily journal “dashboard” as well as my index i’m building out currently:

1 Like

Thanks for this. I’ve wanted something like this for a while.

1 Like

I created a plugin based on alex’s (@alex0) code to make it easier to use.

Bullet Point Custom Icon plugin

2 Likes