Customizable keyboard shortcuts

It would be great to have more control over shortcuts, be able to change them and possibly introduce new ones

I would love to use Ctrl-k and Ctrl-k to toggle between suggestions when linking a page (like in Roam Research and many editors)

Hi,
Thanks for creating this great tool.
Please also ensure shortcut for “Expanding/Collapsing all sections at once” is added to the shortcut list.
Below is VSCode bindings, but others should also do the job.
Ctrl + K + [ -> Collapse all.
Ctrl + K + ] -> Expand all.

VSCode also does this:
If key binding executed on title, then it executes on all items.
If it is executed on an item, it collapses/expands items nested below such an item.

Thanks.

2 Likes

this feature would be amazing, like others have said, the only way to have everyone be happy is with a simple interface to assing customized keybinding. Ideally in a simple to use menu, but if not even being able to do it from a config file like config.edn would be a nice way to start, at least for now

thanks!

1 Like

for now you can use tab tab while in view mode to expand/collapse all

1 Like

I’m not sure if I might be missing something with the tab tab approach, but it only seems to collapse the first level.

meaning that if there are various sub-level they are all expanded inside of level 1, it’s only the first level that collapses, when one expands level 1, level 2, 3 and so on are all expanded inside level 1.

It’d be nice to be able to have every single level folded by default

I hope that makes sense, in that sense I think what @parth is not yet possible, I’d also love to be able to acheive this, in the same way that it’s possible with org-mode, however perhaps this should be it’s own feature request, ideally with a video to explain it properly

Thanks

1 Like

yes, I meant it as an existing workaround for now. it would better if it worked as @parth described for sure.

1 Like

got you! yeah that makes sense, wasn’t sure what you meant, the tab tab approach is super helpful and not that obvious, I use it all the time!

Just as a side question, do you know if it’s possible to configure logseq to collapse by default (tab tab style) when opening an exisiting note (such as daily or any other note)? So that I don’t have to tab tab every time I open a note (which I have to do way too often, specially the daily note)

If it’s not currently possible, I might make a feature request for it, since I do prefer having everything collapses by default all the time (org-mode style)

Thanks!!

I don’t think it possible currently… if you make a feature request : I think it would be nice to be able to flag the bullet initial state via a :PROPERTIES: like ‘tree: folded’ or ‘collapsed: true’ ? (that way we could have granular control on each block independently)

1 Like

awesome yeah, similar to how org-mode deals with collapsing, there’s a default behaviour, but this can be modified by specific files. Awesome I’ll keep that in mind! Thanks!

I just created a feature request for this, feel free to add more to it to make things clearer if needed!

Thanks!

5 Likes

I’d like a way to underline text similar to the way we can Bold & Italic text in the editor.

2 Likes

Hi jbrewer, thanks for the comment! I don’t think this is part of the keyboard shortcut discussion, but a new idea, so if you want to persue it, please post a separate thread. But a question - does markdown even have a way to underline? I thought that it didn’t, and underlines were for link formatting.

2 Likes

I would especially like to have an option to add shortcuts for “Go back” and “Go forward.” I don’t think those exist currently.

Hi @rads, are you talking about page history, like previous page / next page?

1 Like

Yup! Also, on 0.0.7 on MacOS, any shortcuts involving option don’t work for me, so it would be nice to customize them.

1 Like

The shortcuts can be customized in config.edn now, check the code: logseq/keyboards.cljs at master · logseq/logseq · GitHub

3 Likes

Hi, can you please also look into the recursive collapse/expand shortcut.
I think it would be a much needed functionality for many. Thanks.

3 Likes

The shortcuts for “Go back” and “Go forward” are cmd + , and cmd + . respectively.

You can find a table with more shortcuts by opening the sidebar and clicking “Help”:

2 Likes

Customizable keyboard shortcuts are enabled now, the documentation is at https://logseq.github.io/#/page/Custom%20keyboard%20shortcuts

3 Likes

Closed as feature past of latest release