Docker container for Lupin, easier to utilize

Hi!

Been using Lupin for about a week now and though I’d contribute my skills for containers (and stuff like that) to make Lupin easier to utilize.

I have created a container of Lupin that can be used on practically any OS on most architectures (MacOS, Windows, Linux, and Raspberry Pis)

You might be asking What is a container and why should I care? Well a container is a pre-built environment that you can easily deploy an application. For instance Lupin requires you have python installed and install all the required packages for it to run. With a container all you need is docker and you can deploy it with a single command since it has everything it needs inside of the container. Nothing else to do.

You will need Docker installed and a Terminal like app (linux and Mac have them built in, Windows you should be able to use Power Shell).

Note: Windows might be a little more work to get up and running but if you have an issue let me know and I will do what I can to assist.

I tried pasting the instructions here but I am only allowed two links, instead I am pasting the location to the project on DockerHub since that has the instructions.

The docker repo is located here: Docker Hub

I have contributed my docker files back to @Tony’s project.

Any questions please let me know :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This is so cool of you thank you for making this. I’ve been using Lupin for a while now and I think it’s amazing.
I really hope this makes it more accessible to more people!

Yeah I also hope this makes it more accessible since you only have to be concerned about having Docker installed and having the config.ini configured. No longer do you have to be concerned about python dependencies :smiley:

I just updated the container to the latest release of Lupin too.

In case anyone is running it they can type this in their terminal to get the latest image.

docker-compose stop
docker-compose rm -f
docker-compose pull   
docker-compose up -d

That should force a pull and redeploy.

2 Likes

awesome man, appreciate your hard work