Edited: *Document* Hotkey to go to current day

Fairly straightforward. I would like to be able to hit a hotkey and navigate to today’s daily, since I find myself going there frequently.

Bonus would be hotkeys for going to next/previous day as well, but that’s probably a separate request.

On Mac OS cmd+j does that for me. On Windows and Linux I’m guessing ctrl+j would do the same. Also clicking the Logseq icon on top left brings the daily view.

1 Like

You are correct, thank you! In that case, I would like to change this request to “document Cmd-j somewhere” :slightly_smiling_face:

(For the record, I knew about the clicking of the icon, I was specifically concerned with a keyboard interaction.)

The only place I’ve managed to find all the hotkeys is here in this config file - not nicely readable though!

In last few Logseq releases (current 0.2.5) the Help/? button will show you Keyboard Shortcuts next to Customize button that will show you all shortcuts and ability to customize all of those keyboard shortcut.

1 Like

In the latest version (0.7.8) there are bunch of navigation shortcuts:

While there is go to tomorrow and go to journal, but there is no go to today, which is a bit weird.
I am now just using go to tomorrow and then go to previous to land on todays page
Go to journal is also an alternative, but it still opens all journal pages view, which sometimes takes time to load especially if you have many embedded video on it
@Ramses would it be possible to consider an additional shortcut go to today in a future release?

1 Like

Since the last few releases and the up implementing “lazy load” technology, opening the Journals page should no longer have a delay.

If you embed many videos and notice a degraded performance, make it a practice to collapse the branches that have videos. We have no control over how fast videos are loaded; this depends on the video’s host.

P.S. Tagging team members generally doesn’t help to get features bumped, especially not a non-coder like me :wink: Maybe if one of the engineers has some time to quickly code this, but then there are dozens of other things that have a higher priority. Opening this feature request and gathering votes is the way to go to get it noticed.

1 Like

You can always try the go home plugin.

1 Like

Since the last few releases and the up implementing “lazy load” technology, opening the Journals page should no longer have a delay.

If you embed many videos and notice a degraded performance, make it a practice to collapse the branches that have videos. We have no control over how fast videos are loaded; this depends on the video’s host.

Noted, I took it as a rule to collapse any queries and embedded things in Journal view. Thanks!

P.S. Tagging team members generally doesn’t help to get features bumped, especially not a non-coder like me :wink: Maybe if one of the engineers has some time to quickly code this, but then there are dozens of other things that have a higher priority. Opening this feature request and gathering votes is the way to go to get it noticed.

Thank you for your feedback, I just wanted to help and thought you are doing product management, just assumed 533 views was a hint to add this minor thing. I will open a feature request for and one and also for any future ideas that I will get :slight_smile:

it looks like go home still land me on main journal page. It that the plugin you are talking about: GitHub - sawhney17/logseq-go-now ?

I’m “only” community manager. While I do forward feedback that I see in the community, I’m by no means a product manager. Also, the team generally decides based on number of votes (not views) what feature requests to work on.

1 Like

I’m also surprised that there is still no “go to today” hotkey while there is one for tomorrow.

Logseq has weird inconsistencies here and there.

1 Like

Huh, strange. Go to tomorrow would seem like much less useful than go to today. Maybe less useful for people who don’t use tabs plugin?

Install the logseq-randomutils-plugin, and use Ctrl+Shift+t to go to today.

4 Likes

Brilliant, many thanks @hkgnp!

I have made this point elsewhere, but can this Feature request be updated to make “Today” its own keyword, like “Tomorrow” but separate from “Journal”?

I could like to be able to set the following:

:default-home {:page "today"}

However, any time I try to set this up, I’m just returned to the Journal page, which I consider a very different function.

I would probably prefer that the keyboard shortcuts be changed to:
Ctrl+t = Go To TODAY
Ctrl+Shft+t = Go To Tomorrow

but I’ll settle for just have the ‘today’ be an available page/keyword.