Embed local video and add timestamps

Basically the same experience we have with YouTube/Vimeo videos but with local files.

AFAIK now we can only add a link to a video file and have it played in an external app.

For me the killer feature is of course timestamps, I found they very useful for YouTube videos but I also have local private videos to annotate.

This looks to be an interesting option:

3 Likes

Second this. I was using TubersLab to take notes. Moved everything to Logseq. The only thing missing now is adding local videos (file:///) or direct links to videos and adding timestamps to them.

Use this plug-in.

In English:
Hi @kausar, I found a native way to add local videos without external plugin:
![](file:///…/file path)
Example on Mac
![](file:///…/Users/musicpro/Movies/Videos.mp4)

On Windows I think the file path will be similar. Now I’m looking for a native way to timestamp local videos. If I find something I share it. Greetings

*There is an error in the path of the file automatically generated by the system of this website: ![](file:/// (Here there are only two points instead of three) /file path) but the system changes it automatically and adds three … I don’t know why, but it’s important for the code to work: Write only two points instead of three.

In Cuban Spanish:
Que bolá (Hola en cubano) @kausar, he encontrado una manera nativa añadir videos locales sin plugin externo:
![](file:///…/ruta del archivo)
Ejemplo en Mac:
![](file:///…/Users/musicpro/Movies/Videos.mp4)

En Windows creo que será similar la ruta de archivo. Ahora estoy buscando una forma nativa de hacer timestamp a videos locales. Si encuentro algo lo comparto. Saludos

*Hay un error en l ruta del archivo generado automaticamente por el sistema de esta web: ![](file:/// (Aquí solo van dos puntos en vez de tres) /file path) pero el sistema lo cambia automáticamente y agrega tres… no se la razón, pero es importante para que el código funciones: Escriba solo dos puntos en vez de tres.

{{renderer :media-timestamp, 300}}{{video E:\Youtube\Egor\X3\video.mp4}}{{renderer :media-timestamp, 300}} - не работает :frowning: подскажите пожалуйста, как вы сделали?

я разобрался, спасибо.

{{renderer :media, E:\Youtube\Egor\X3\video.mp4}}{{renderer :media-timestamp, 300}} - вот так - работает :slight_smile: