Enjoying Logseq on my second exploration

As a longtime Obsidian enthusiast, I recently decided to give Logseq more in-depth try, and I have to say I’m really liking it, but for different things than I use Obsidian for.

I’m finding Logseq’s Journal and blocks ideal for dealing with the messiness of daily life—for things I need to remember and refer to now and in the coming days but won’t necessarily need long-term, which is different from the way I use Obsidian.

Rather than one-or-the-other alternatives, I now see them as complementary tools with different though overlapping capabilities—more like Photoshop and Illustrator than Photoshop and Gimp.

Suffice to say that I’m glad to have both in my toolkit, and to now be an increasingly enthusiastic user of Logseq, too!

3 Likes

Welcome back!

Obsidian is useful also to move pages and assets around in your graph folder. In fact Obsidian updates references and Logseq will simply respect them. Doing so with a file manager would break the links to assets.

You can also treat Logseq as a “plugin” to Obsidian. I mean, you can structure your vault like this:

- Vault
  - Logseq (open this one in Logseq)
    - pages
    - journal
    - assets
  - the stuff you want
  - only in Obsidian

Also you could try with multiple Logseq graphs inside a vault. I don’t know Obsidian but I imagine you would like to use its features like search for everything at once.

3 Likes

Thanks for welcome and the tip! So far I’ve been happy keeping them separate, but I’ll keep that in mind as an option.

1 Like