Filters for note body, not just backlinks

On this FR there is the tag “estimate-large”, that’s probably how the team says “we are aware and welcome the proposal but it will take time because it is not trivial”.

I can’t speak for this particular case, but sometimes a feature that looks trivial from a user point of view is very complex from the developer point of view :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s good that Logseq has linked ref filters (although they are very unwieldy on pages with a lot of tags, should have search, overflow so they don’t take over the whole screen, etc). However, I really miss the ability to filter page contents from Roam.

For example, you could imagine that you inserted a lot of #metareflections in paper notes, and you want to only see these, or exclude these. (Only seeing them can be done through a query, but excluding them cannot).

It would also be really powerful if you could include page tags in a global filter. Imagine you import a bunch of academic notes from Roam, and you could filter from seeing just the academic subset of your notes, including when you search/query etc, or just the personal notes, or all.

Edit from mod: This and some messages below were moved here from a similar post.

Came here to make this same post.

A use-case I would use every day: filter OUT blocks containing “DONE”. (Getting the completed tasks out of view helps to focus on what remains to be done)

This should be merged with the previous request?

1 Like

Yes please! This is a must to my workflow

Edit from mod: This and some messages above were moved here from a similar post.

2 Likes

Any progress? There is hope? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

any update? any plugin available?

1 Like

Second this. Would be great to have this feature.

2 Likes