Filters for note body, not just backlinks

In Roam one can add persistent filters to the blocks in the main note body, not just the backlinks. I would very much like to have this in Logseq as well. For instance, if I mark a number of blocks #ignore I would like to be able to hide them with a filter.

Today I encountered another reason to want to filter out items in the note body. I am working with a long list of tasks and would like to hide everything marked DONE - while remaining on the same page.

4 Likes

This feature would be great! On the one hand, it seems that Logseq’s underlying architecture allows for very powerful filtering capabilities (currently accessible via queries), perhaps even more powerful than Roam; however, on the other hand, query results are not currently directly editable in Logseq, whereas they are directly editable in Roam. If Logseq query results could become editable (which perhaps I should make into a feature request), then it seems to me that it should be straightforward to then create a way to do within-page filters, as per this request. (I am not sure if there is a currently a query-accessible block attribute that denotes the block’s original page, but that would be one way of setting the scope of a query to a specific page.)

2 Likes

As Roam Research does. I want to filter blocks based on tags.

This is very useful for task management.
For example, only look on tasks with high priority tags or issue types.

Consider voting for / commenting on this issue: Filters for note body, not just backlinks

Can a moderator merge these two requests?

Just merged to this topic.

2 Likes

Honestly, sort of painful (with day to day note taking) not having this feature! :frowning:

1 Like

Adding my vote for this!

1 Like

This is the last thing that keeps me from switching from Roam.

Thinking of coming from Roam also and really would miss this feature.

1 Like