Frustrating bug where text disappears and reappears while typing

macOS Monterey (Version 12.3.1)
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021)
Logseq Version 0.8.15 (0.8.15)
Bug Demo: See this GIF.

Issue: Sometimes, as you type entire later sections of text disappear and the scroll position jumps around. It usually reappears when you scroll around but you have to find your position again. Sometimes the text you’re typing is among the text that disappears, sometimes the second after the current line disappears.

It happens most frequently when a new line is created, but also sometimes happens just from typing on a single line or even just moving the cursor from one line to another. It doesn’t seem to happen for short documents (i.e. when I collapse sections it sometimes stops happening.)

I had this bug months ago and stopped using LogSeq because of it. I’m surprised it’s still here given how debilitating it is. I’ve disabled all the plugins I have installed so I don’t think that’s the issue.

How do I solve this?

I’ve experienced similar things lately w/ LS. Have definitely seen the page jumping around, often back to the top of the page. In my case, the disappearing text is a function of the very annoying “EBusy” error where LS reports a file error notif, unable to write the file you’re editing because it’s busy or locked. A major problem. Even with OneDrive paused, it keeps happening. I’m beginning to think it’s an LS issue. Doesn’t happen with a single other application. Just Logseq.

Are you using One drive?

Does clear cache help? FAQ - Logseq

Not using Onedrive. Cleared cache. Issue seemed to stop happening for about an hour, but is consistently happening again. Not sure if it’s causal or random.

I am using OneDrive. However, importantly, I’ve experimented with terminating OneDrive and same problem persists. And, on top of that, I’ve turned off file Indexing (Windows) just in case. Even with both OneDrive and Indexing taken out of the equation, I still get similar results. I will post a more detailed bug report, including screenshots.

I solved my related (?) issue.

I am having this issue with longer documents. I am using version 0.9.15.

This is still not fixed. Seriously Logseq, you had one job. Strongly recommending people stay away from Logseq until this is fixed.

It does seem related to having multiple windows open for some people. I guess I’ll try that next.

Here’s someone with the same bug that ended up moving to Obsidian:

And another:

Could it be the same like this?