Garbled text in sidebar and menus

Seeing a lot of buggy garbled looking text in the side bar and menus. It seems to flicker in and out and sometimes correct itself when you move the mouse over the side bar buttons. Sometimes this also shows up in the drop down menu as well.

I tried some older versions of the app to see if I could figure out when this was introduced. It appears to have started happening in 0.8.1 and has been gradually getting worse over time. The most recent version I tried was 0.8.9 which was the worst by far.

I’m using the linux version, and I’m running on Pop!_OS 22.04 if that matters.

Can you open Developer Tools (ctrl-shift-i), use the picker arrow in the top left corner, and see if anything looks strange?

Everything looks normal there to me, but I know nothing about html/css so I’m not sure what I’d even be looking for. None of the text in the dev tools window is messed up, if that is what you were going for. I’ve never actually used logseq for anything before this, so everything should be completely default.

I also have this problem. I’m running on Fedora Linux 36 (Workstation Edition)

Don’t have this problem under Fedora Linux 37

1 Like

I’ve just upgraded to Fedora 37 and I still have the same problem

I pretty much forgot about logseq because this had prevented me from getting started using it, however I recently tried it again and the issue is gone for me. The issue has gone away in all versions of logseq so I think it must have been some OS update which fixed it. I haven’t done any OS updates or anything through (still Pop!_OS 22.04). It’s a mystery.

I am a new user and am also experiencing this issue on Ubuntu 22.04 using “Logseq-linux-x64-0.8.15.AppImage” downloaded from the main website.

As a note to hopefully help with troubleshooting, sometimes the text is fine and it “fixes” itself if I mouse over the labels that are garbled, but most of the time glitches again (and stays that way) if my mouse enters anywhere in the sidebar.

Same here on Logseq 0.8.16 (Kubuntu 22.04).

Solution : add the option --disable-gpu to the AppImage launching command.

(From Text in left navigation menu is garbled · Issue #7233 · logseq/logseq · GitHub)

i have the same problem