Git Commit+Push and Git Pull Buttons

I’ve run into some issues with storing Logseq in my OneDrive, so I’m giving Git a try.

I like that the auto commits mean that my files are salvageable in the event that something goes wrong.

The one thing that gets me is that with my Logseq folder no longer on OneDrive, it’s not automatically backed up, even if version controlled. I know there are some scripts and whatnot for automating the push to Git, but that’s not so graceful, and I’d prefer to not have to replicate a bunch of customizations everywhere I use Logseq (I intend to sync between work, home, and hopefully mobile).

I think that a button to manually commit and push to remote origin would be very nice. Similarly, I think a button to pull from the remote origin would be very handy as well. This would go a long way with making Git easier.

If possible, I think it would be amazing Logseq could compare the local commits and uncommitted/unstaged changes and allow merging and conflict resolution in a visual manner. I realize that’s probably a lot to ask for, but I do believe it would make using Git significantly more accessible for most people.

Sincerely, thank you for an amazing application, everyone.