Good way of documenting in Logseq

Hello everyone.
I am new to Logseq :innocent:.
I would like to make various documentations in Logseq. “Normal” notes, food diary, knowledge database, fitness diary, cooking recipes, etc. Is it better if I do this in different graphs, or do the hashtags create a useful structure automatically?
What would you recommend?
Best regards.

Welcome to the community @denkentutnichtweh! :wave:

Personally I recommend you start out with one graph that contains everything. Later you can always decide to split off work from your personal graph, but in the beginning you don’t want to complicate things. And you can easily organize your different notes using [[links]] and #tags.

You can find the starter tutorial in the Logseq app by clicking the ? icon in the bottom corner and then clicking Handbook:

As you’ll see, Logseq is so versatile that it’s difficult to give generic advice. After reading the starting tutorial, I recommend you watch some videos from the community. The community hub is a good starting point, but also searching YouTube for “logseq” + whatever workflow you have in mind will give good suggestions.

Also, searching the forum you will find many existing discussions that have screenshots, templates, and best practices for different workflows. Finally, in our Discord server there’s the #workflows channel. Use Discord’s search functionality to find previous discussions about specific workflows.

1 Like

None of your examples deserves its own graph. A separate graph would be necessary if you decided to undertake a serious project (e.g. to write a book on fitness, food, recipes etc.)

3 Likes