Google Calendar Sync

Hi,

The GTD system would be perfect if Logseq can make the deadline/ schedule date sync to Google Calendar view.

Or Logseq has its own calendar page design view to show tasks title.

Cheers,
Vincent

Yeah this would be a really neat feature. I know notion has that so I think this is would be really helpful if logseq supports that too

4 Likes

Hi, how about this plugin?

2 Likes

You may try:
logseq-plugin-agenda

1 Like

I think that currently, only downloading and viewing a calendar is supported by those plugins. Obsidian seems to have a “full calendar” pluging that does also allows adding new event, editing them etc.

Maybe it’s not that hard to port to logseq ? It’s in typescript.

3 Likes

Yes, I would prefer something simple. Like being able ton open calendar in the sidebar while doing my journal. I don’t need full functionality. Just a calendar view.

2 Likes

I would require an option to publish events from Logseq to Google Calendar, not import from GCal to Logseq. Although 2-way would be best, of course.

5 Likes

I would love to have a way to publish logseq event to google. agenda plugin helps with subscription but no way to publish.

7 Likes

Agreed.

When I schedule a task in Logseq, I want it represented in Google Calendar.

When I have important events in Google Calendar, events I have been invited to, with multiple people on it, etc., I want it to show up in Logseq, so I can check dependencies and create the prep tasks.

But I understand that the requirements can become complex, so one thing that would be cool, is for someone to create some example boilerplate code so knowledge artists can create their own workflows between Google Calendar and Logseq. All that said, I for one wouldn’t mind using an alternate Calendar app, if using another app, makes calendar integration with logseq more straightforward.

But, simply because we get invites from other people via email, it means that the Calendar plugins on Logseq alone won’t be enough. Granted, though, they are useful and have very good reasons to exist.

6 Likes

It’s an issue to live with several calendars. LogSeq is not the tool to manage your life’s schedule. I like G Calendar because it’s integrated with G Keep, Gmail and so on. When you subscribe to an online seminar or to a conference, they propose to add an event in your Calendar (Google, Microsoft…) But never Logseq :grinning: So, Google Calendar will stay. Logseq is a different story if I cannot find a way to integrate LogSeq tasks into Google. Will the Android app help?

Is there a bounty set up for this?

1 Like

but we’re in an open source app, so make it also work with any caldav server, not just some big companies ones

2 Likes