Graph view : add depth levels adjustment

For the Page Graph view, I would like to have an adjustable setting for the tree-depth level to see indirect links to the selected page.
Ideally this would be a slider [1-5] with realtime feedback on the current graph, or alternatively, a global config setting.

for reference, the obsidian local graph view with depth slider setting :

benefits : visualizing neighbouring concepts and indirect links

I think this is a very important feature to empower the graph view and make it a useful navigational and thinking tool. In obsidian, the addition of the depth level slider made a signifiant difference : the graph view was nice but gimmicky, but with the depth levels, it became a useful tool to see more context and add a new layer of information

I agree this is a very important feature to make the current graph view more useable. Meanwhile, I’m just using Obsidian alone with Logseq to take advantage of both applications.

I mentioned this in thread Suggest don't create backlink for parent namespace, or have a switch to close it
And I believe my request makes more sense when we have level depth page graph.

I’m wondering what’s the state of this request… has it been considered or rejected.

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere else.

2 Likes

This hasn’t been accepted or rejected, we’re thinking about the graph view a lot internally and would like to give it some love.

This is definitely something we are keeping in mind though!

1 Like