Graph view for blocks (or better pages organization)?

Hey guys, hope everything is fine there.

I’m new to Logseq usage as my daily driver for notes but I have one question here - this is a very particular point: is there any way to have a graph view for my blocks? And if not - as I think - is there any way where I can improve my notes to use embedded view?

Example:

In the above example I prefer to just click in this bullet for Record and start typing into it… Then, when I try to make a reference I use a normal block reference (like ((some-cool-uuid)))… But, when I try to see this in a graph perspective I can’t!

So, the point here is: if is not any way to see this in a graph, how can I improve this note to use embedded notes? My particular problem with embedded example is: I can’t just hide and show the next bullets inside this embedded view.

Note that this is not a feature request or something like this: this topic is just about helping with note organization from better perspectives - if the graph view with blocks is not possible.

Off topic: I’m really happy with all of Logseq features, so thanks a lot! Syncing is really cool and is working very well!

Welcome. Maybe what you need is the inverse:

• go to the block
    • the one with the cool uuid that you currently reference
  • add a tag #record
    • or a more specific name or some alias of it
  • find all such tagged blocks in the Linked References section of page Record

Great! Thanks a lot.

I tried this and it works fine! Anyway, maybe in future I will update my notes to simply break pages into another pages to make things easier to visualize. For example: by now, even if I use the tag #record inside the Clojure file for another block, it will not show up in graph because is the same file.

In your opinion, depending on content type, is this a valid approach? And in another hand, breaking into more pages makes greater use of storage - for content storage in general - or can we classify this as irrelevant?

In my opinion:

• Storage is almost irrelevant.
    • Should not bother with it, unless it becomes the actual bottleneck.
  • Blocks and pages play specific separate roles:
    • Pages are for concepts.
    • Blocks are for notes outlining concepts.
      • Turning single notes into pages will never scale well.
  • Therefore, in your example:
    • should have separate pages for Clojure, REPL and Record
    • everything else is a block inside page Record
2 Likes