Hello from Kyushu, Japan

Hi, I’ve been using Obsidian for a couple of years, but I recently happened upon an article explaining how to use Zotero with Logseq. (I’m an academic and Zotero is a reference manager.) That’s a bit of a hard sell for me, because, in addition to favouring Obsidian, I usually use a different reference manager called Bookends. But the functionality looked so cool (somewhat reminiscent of something I used to have with a now-defunct application called Sente) that I couldn’t resist giving it a try.

So far, I’m very impressed. I can type /zotero and search in my reference database, then pull in the reference I am interested in and display its attached PDF in one pane, while I take notes in the other pane. With cool technology in the past, I have often found that it wasn’t as robust as it had seemed at first and I have subsequently given up on it. Here’s hoping that that isn’t true of Logseq & Zotero.

1 Like

@ravlin I am also an academic and have used Zotero for over 10 years. I have not figured out the best workflow for using Zotero in Logseq. But I am hoping that it will help me increase my writing output.

It is nice to meet you rlavin. :slight_smile:

1 Like