Hello from Mukilteo, Washington, USA - Productivity, Growth, and Curiosity!

Hello all! I am a software engineer, nature lover, and beer/wine enthusiast from the PNW. (Wait, am I writing a dating profile? Haha) Over the past month, I’ve been using Logseq as the culmination of a multi-month search for a tool to better organize my personal and professional life. About two months ago, I stumbled upon the concept of a Second Brain and PKM, and it’s been a whirlwind ever since. Logseq, along with non-linear note-taking in general, has already made me more mindful in my personal life and increased my productivity at work. It feels like I’ve only scratched the surface of its potential. While I have tried other tools, Logseq has proven to be the best so far. Its extensibility is a huge plus for future-proofing. I must admit, I’m new to forum involvement and tend to be the “fly on the wall” type, as I find that people can get needlessly hostile behind their keyboards. However, this community seems to consist of growth-minded individuals, which I truly appreciate.

So far, my Logseq notes have been helping me with various aspects of my life: keeping track of people I meet, documenting new drinks I try, managing life projects, work projects, therapy notes (because everyone should talk to someone), and discovering parenting hacks.

Outside of Logseq, my other obsessions in 2023 have been Home Assistant (and experimenting with way too many sensors) and embarking on a deep dive into getting in better shape through biking, among other things. These endeavors have sparked an idea to create a Logseq plugin to enhance my own life and learn more about the platform. Time will tell if it comes to fruition. On the Home Assistant front, in case someone beats me to it, I would love to define a list of sensors within a plugin config and have them automatically added to my daily journal. For example, it would be great to see a block like “7:00 - entered office (via HA)” when I walk into my home office each morning.

Anyway, that was a long-winded way of saying “Hello, World!” :beers:

PS: I never actually make it into my office that early. :rofl: