Hello from Switzerland!

Good morning from Switzerland.

I started using Logseq six months ago, after having used Evernote, Zim, Synology Notes, Tiddlywiki, and Obsidian. I’m using the Linux version on Arch Linux and sync my notes with GitHub.

I use Logseq for my personal notes in the form of a wiki, so I only use pages and don’t use the journal. I currently have about 200 pages.

Even though I appreciate versatile software that allows for a lot of customization, in this case, I love the simplicity of Logseq’s user interface, which minimizes distractions while writing. I’m glad I switched from Obsidian to Logseq.

I’m eagerly awaiting the new database-based version, hoping the interface retains its simplicity (unlike Obsidian) and that GitHub sync remains an option.

4 Likes

@pipep It’s not just about UI(s). It is also about our data curation strategy. The future Logseq DB follows some sort of object-oriented programming approach, where there are objects that you can tag with a class that give meaning to that object. I’ve been a heavy user applying metadata layers to objects (notes and different type of files or information containers) over time. That’s one of the best ways to reliably retrieve information.

But if you really want to keep things simple… try to minimize those metadata layers, otherwise, the level of friction will increase until that point you start thinking the problem is “the tool” (while it’s not…).

3 Likes