Hierarchy can be augmented by tree structure with collapse buttons

Namespace and hierarchy are excellent features that make logseq beyond other note-taking applications.

However, If there are too many hierarchy entities, it will be difficult to locate the desired page, such as

So, I think tree structure combined with collapse buttons is a possible way to improve user’s experience, like

Yes, it would be very useful to be able to collapse the namespace tree.
If a parent node has many children is difficult to see the siblings of the parent at the same time because there is too much distance between them.

5 Likes

I use Hierarchies a lot and really need this feature

2 Likes

I would like that page to be a fully editable outline, so I could add notes about what the different branches mean. I could add a note about why I organized a namespace hierarchy the way I did.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. Also, I wish namespace could be displayed in the sidebar for quicker viewing. Currently it is displayed at the end of the article, which is very inconvenient if the article is long or has many references
see the picture below:

6 Likes

That would be awesome!

I second this idea. After all it might be only visual change that doesn’t change much beneath file structure or how Logseq actually operates.

Any chances it will get its place on the roadmap?

1 Like