How can I save the pages and the journals in the root off the note folder?

Hi

I personally prefer that my pages and my journals are all in the root folder and if possible it also looks inside the subfolders recursively in the root.

NOTEFOLDER/pages, journals

Is it possible to do this with loqseq?

These folders (journals and pages) are hardcoded, you would need a custom Logseq-build. Possible, but non-trivial.

1 Like

Are you sure ? The config file seems to have custom path option, I just could not make it work as root folder.

1 Like

I stand corrected, you are correct. The hardcoded part is that they should be two different folders. Logseq treats them differently (they have different meta-data in the database). It still would be a terrible idea.

;; Tell logseq to use a specific folder in the repo as a default location for notes
 ;; if not specified, notes are stored in `pages` directory
 ;; :pages-directory "your-directory"

;; Tell logseq to use a specific folder in the repo as a default location for journals
 ;; if not specified, journals are stored in `journals` directory
 ;; :journals-directory "your-directory"

But if you figure it out, let us know.

And once again I was wrong. It is possible if you set:

;; Tell logseq to use a specific folder in the repo as a default location for notes
 ;; if not specified, notes are stored in `pages` directory
 ;; :pages-directory ""

;; Tell logseq to use a specific folder in the repo as a default location for journals
 ;; if not specified, journals are stored in `journals` directory
 ;; :journals-directory ""

My test graph has 10 pages and 6 journals and has not yet exploded, so it might be possible. It still sounds like a terrible idea, tho.

1 Like