How to create a new page/tab in the right side bar

Hi, I would like to create a tab/page in the right side bar like contents & page graph.

I have checked the API doc, but didn’t find many things informative. I am a newbie in frontend development, so any suggestions for dev workflow, how to read the doc etc are also appreciated.

This problem is brothering me too.

Same here. I’ve tried with registerUIItem with ‘pagebar’ instead of ‘toolbar’ but it doesn’t work. I think it is the way it should be done but I don’t get any error nor any page displayed on the sidebar.

Hi, y’all.

I’ve been trying to figure this out tonight as well. I think that this may be helpful, but I apologize if not.

The pagebar and the right sidebar are separate things. The pagebar seems to be the toolbar at the top of the main page layout. This toolbar shows (as far as I know) on all pages and can be found next to the sidebar at the top right of the content area when it is open. So, adding HTML to it will display it there.

The right sidebar seems to be rendered with a topbar, although there doesn’t seem to be any API hooks to render new items in the topbar. One option seems to be to render a button in the pagebar which could call openInRightSidebar to open your content in the sidebar, but it feels hacky. It also would mess up the UI and I’m not even sure if its a viable solution.

Please let me know if you’ve found a better solution, as it’d be nice to be able to render in the topbar instead.