How to paste text into Logseq without formatting

In the latest version of Logseq on MacOS, it started to pick up titles sporadically. Especially when copying from web
Example page

Copy pasted to the following in Logseq:

Is there a way to always copy just plain text? The way it works now by creating a new block when you copy paste has some headers is quite often unpredictable (especially when copy pasting to meta-data). I found myself using additional tools in between like Drafts to copy text there, making sure, that all rich text formatting is gone and then copying to Logseq

5 Likes

You can paste using Cmd-Shift-v (macOS) or Ctrl-Shift-v (Windows/Linux) to paste without formatting.

6 Likes

Thank you! That is what I was looking for!

Thanks for asking @NickUnique, and thanks for answering @Aryan!

This is a recurring question, so I’ve clarified the title a bit and transferred the post to #faq. I hope you don’t mind, Nick.

2 Likes

Of course not! Thank you for your work in the community!

1 Like

@Ramses It would be nice if there was a config option to completely disable formatting when pasting. I am pretty sure that most people when pasting text do not want the formatting.

Please see the solution to this answer. It’s already possible to paste without formatting.

As this is not the right place for Feature Requests and the question has been answered, I’m closing this topic for now.