How to use Logseq to outline/write a new article (i.e. Knowledge synthesis)?

Hi Folks,
First I am grateful to Logseq developers, and the online community for introducing this great tool in such a short period.

Does anyone have experience /develop an effective workflow on how to use taken notes on Logseq to write new articles (synthesize knowledge)?

I am aware Roam Research can be used to write new content based on notes taken before. A recent vlog by Prof. Joel Chan demonstrates this workflow. Flexible Systems for Synthesis in Roam Research with Professor Joel Chan

So far, I noticed most of the Youtubers are talking about taking daily notes and visualizing connections between notes with the graph view.

Yes, I agree that these linked notes and graph view help to gain novel insights. So is this the ultimate use of this tool?

What I am really interested in is it possible to create a new article on this platform from taking notes before. In other words, we have our zettelkasten , # tags , [[]] system, so can’t we extract specific zettelkasten , # tags , [[]] to a new note? Just based on what I’m interested in from the graph view.

Is this possible?

Do you have a LogSeq workflow to write new content using existing notes — synthesizing knowledge? I’d be really grateful if you could share such demonstration workflow/video — how do you adapt Joel’s workflow on this platform?

Thank you and looking forward to hearing :slight_smile:

Not an answer, but simply as a possible link of the whole workflow: check out the “logseq-extract-plugin”(you can find in setting–plugin–market). You will be happy.

1 Like

Hi there!

To the broad question about whether it is possible to use Logseq for a Zettelkasten type workflow, I would say the answer is an unqualified “Yes!” :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Even though Joel Chan’s workflow is demonstrated in Roam, I don’t see why you couldn’t re-produce it in Logseq (since core functionality like backlinks and block references are still there).

Dr. Chan’s process bears some resemblance to Beau Haan’s, which you might want to check out too.

Implementing a Digital Zettelkasten using Block References in Roam Research with Beau Haan

For a different take, have you seen this video (actually, 2 videos) from Dario, a.k.a. OneStutteringMind? He’s an excellent member of the LogSeq community and presents another way of structuring a Zettel workflow.

Exploring Zettelkasten note-taking with Logseq (Part 1 - A scattered mind meets Zettelkasten)

Finally, if you want to hop over to the Logseq Discord, there’s lots of good Zettel chat over there, including this thread that I’m currently enjoying - all are welcome!

Exploring Beau Haan Zettelkasten in Logseq

1 Like

You also mentioned utilizing the graph view - I wish you success there! So far, I haven’t found a way to use the graph in a way that’s useful - but it sure does look cool :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Hi Zach. Thank you very much for your kind replies. Very helpful. Yes utilizing graph will be challenging. However, that is the most useful tool for me. Otherwise, I am happy to stick with OneNote :slight_smile:

Have you come across https://infranodus.com/ yet? It’s a paid subscription. I am thinking to experiment it once I have a clear workflow from Logseq. Also Obsidian has a plugin named “journey” .

Thanks mate.

Hi Zach. Thank you very much for your kind replies.
This is very helpful.

Yes utilizing graph will be challenging. However, that is the most useful tool for me. Otherwise, I am happy to stick with OneNote :slight_smile:

Have you come across https://infranodus.com/ yet? It’s a paid subscription. I am thinking to experiment it once I have a clear workflow from Logseq. Also Obsidian has a plugin named “journey” .

Thanks mate.

The relevant feature request for a Discourse Graph is here Discourse Graph - its not yet marked as being on the road map though…neither is this one which seems relevant as well, and is the second most voted-for feature request: Longform writing in Logseq Voting on both and discussing the ways in which they are linked would certainly help to spur the interest of both plugin builders and the core team.

2 Likes